Date: January 20, 2015
Contact: Penny Duff, 312-491- 8888, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago Artists Resource and Chicago Artists Coalition are proud to present Survival Guide, a new video series covering foundational skills necessary for artists in any discipline to establish and sustain a creative business.
We gathered four specialists in the areas of business, finance, marketing, and law to introduce key concepts and strategies. Each track includes 20 – 25 short videos for a total duration of approximately one hour.
CAR will release these videos one track at a time for the next four weeks:
- January 20 | Business Development by Sharon T. Alpi (Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship at Millikin University)
- January 26 | Financial Planning by Chris Long (Certified Financial Planner at Long Financial Planning)
- February 2 | Social Media Marketing by Sue Koch (Chief Navigator, Social Media Strategist, Coach and Speaker at Soaring Solutions)
- February 9 | Legal Topics by Patrice Perkins (CEO and Attorney at Lifestyle Zen Law Firm)
Survival Guide is a free resource for artists and can be viewed online anytime. You’ll be asked to sign in to access the videos. If you haven't yet registered, you can sign up for a free account.
The series is funded in parts by grants from The Coleman Foundation, the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation, and the Illinois Arts Council Agency, as well as a CityArtsGrant from the City of Chicago's Department of Cultural Affairs & Special Events.
- CAR Survival Guide | chicagoartistsresource.org/survival-guide
- Facebook | facebook.com/chicagoartistscoalition
- Twitter | @cacoalition
About the Chicago Artists Coalition
The mission of the Chicago Artists Coalition is to build a sustainable marketplace for entrepreneurial artists and creatives. As pioneers in advocacy and professional development, we capitalize on the intersection of art and enterprise by activating collaborative partnerships and developing innovative resources. The Chicago Artists Coalition is committed to cultivating groundbreaking exhibitions and educational opportunities, and to building a diverse community of artistic leaders that defines the place of art and artists in our culture and economy.
Chicago Artists Coalition is located at 217 N. Carpenter Street, and is open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, and Saturdays 12-6pm. www.chicagoartistscoalition.org or 312-491-8888.